RINNASHARK SEA ANGLING CLUB WATERFORD
* IF You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact rinnasharksac@gmail.com
* BORN TO FISH

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* IF You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact rinnasharksac@gmail.com
* BORN TO FISH

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 2021 Master Angler SNR
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 18 Jan - 21:24 by barry

» 2021 Master Angler
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 18 Jan - 21:07 by barry

» Martin Halley 2021
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 5 Oct - 9:23 by barry

» 2021 FIXTURES
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyFri 21 May - 12:27 by barry

» 2021 FIXTURES
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyFri 21 May - 12:22 by barry

» 2020 Years Results
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 4 Jan - 11:36 by barry

» 2020 Results and Master Angler Tables
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 14 Sep - 14:46 by barry

» 2020 Results and Master Angler Tables
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyThu 16 Jul - 17:15 by barry

» 2019 Juvenile Master Angler
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 2 Dec - 19:45 by barry

» 2019 Master Angler & Longest Fish Winners
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyWed 11 Sep - 22:38 by Sharky

» Big Fish Competition Tramore Beach
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyThu 8 Aug - 20:47 by barry

» Dunmore East Small Boats 2019 Report
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 27 May - 22:24 by barry

» 2019 Juv Fixtures
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 23 Apr - 20:53 by Admin

» Sharktrust angling project
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 23 Apr - 11:07 by Admin

» Irish Federation of Sea Anglers 2018 All Ireland & Inter Provincial Juvenile Boat Championship 11th May 2019 - Cork Harbour
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyFri 12 Apr - 21:36 by Admin

» Shark & Ray Best Practice
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyThu 21 Mar - 13:04 by Admin

» ****** 2019 Dunmore East Small Boats******
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyFri 15 Mar - 22:37 by barry

» 2019 Fixtures
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 25 Feb - 20:24 by barry

» Sea Angling Rigs
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 19 Feb - 12:57 by Admin

» Go Fishing on line mag
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 11 Feb - 9:04 by Admin

» BASS Reg, 2019
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyTue 5 Feb - 17:54 by Admin

» Ling Rocks Cork
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyFri 21 Dec - 7:59 by Admin

» Tides Ireland
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyWed 19 Dec - 14:58 by Admin

» How to catch black Bream
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptySun 16 Dec - 10:04 by Admin

» Book of Rigs
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptySun 16 Dec - 9:45 by Admin

» Sat 15th dec Xmass competition dunmore dock 3 to 6pm
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 10 Dec - 22:36 by barry

» A few photos from the Rinnashark sac Juvenile 2018 Christmas Competition in Cheekpoint
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyMon 10 Dec - 22:27 by barry

» Small Boats video Thanks Ian Stubbs
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptySat 1 Dec - 18:24 by Admin

» 2018 Master Angler & Longest Fish Winners
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyWed 28 Nov - 11:29 by Sharky

» Master Angler 2018
Blue Sharks off Cork EmptyWed 28 Nov - 8:32 by Sharky

TEAM IRELAND U16/U21
Blue Sharks off Cork Team_i13
Similar topics
Philip Griffen
Blue Sharks off Cork Passag17
Doing it all wrong Dad
Alan & JamieBlue Sharks off Cork Coachi11
SHARK
Blue Sharks off Cork Shark110
HOME NATIONS CUP U16
Blue Sharks off Cork Npc11
BARRY
Blue Sharks off Cork Barry_10
GERRY
Blue Sharks off Cork Gerry10
RAY WITH HOME NATIONS CUP
Blue Sharks off Cork Ray_cu10
NICE TOPE
Blue Sharks off Cork Nice_t10
Tramore Bass NO2
Blue Sharks off Cork Rinnas10
Ladies
Blue Sharks off Cork Ladies13

Blue Sharks off Cork

2 posters

Go down

Blue Sharks off Cork Empty Blue Sharks off Cork

Post by Stu Thu 25 Aug - 21:08

Here is the report that i was ment to put up ages ago but between the jigs n the reels only gettin a chance to put it up now!!

I got a txt off Paul the week before the competition to know if i wanted to fish it on the Sunday as he was going out for blues. After our very sucessful few hours the week before off of Cork for them i didnt have to think twice about it.
So we arranged to meet in the usual spot for 9am, with the sun shining and not too much wind about at that time we taught it was goin to be another crackin day for it. We headed out from Crosshaven into the harbour and straight out off Roches Point for a quick stop off for some macks. Loads of em around , so 20 mins later we headed out for the mark where we got the blues the last time.
40 mins later we were at the mark. And it was over the side with the rubby( Paul had the rubby frozen solid so much that he had to take half the freezer with it!!) and lines and balloons out. Paul put out a rod for garfish as well. The rubby wasnt in the water 20 mins and a big pod of dolphins came over for a nosey about. luckily they did nt stay around too long. By this time the wind had picked up and the swell was pickin up too and the 2 of us were doin jigs on the floor tryin to keep steady.
The 1st hour past and not a tap on the rods, same with the 2nd , every now and then we would check the drag make sure that its workin. Paranoia can set in after a few hours lookin at 2 balloons and waiting for them to take off!!
We were into our 3 rd hour and Pauls reel went screaming, he picked it up , and i was trying to get mine out of the way when all of a sudden there was a snap and Pauls braid snapped, (we're still not sure why) Then all of a sudden my line started to go, thinking the blue had just got wrapped up in my line i give it plenty line as i only had 45lb braid on my reel and to give ourselves a chance to get it to the side of the boat. It took 20 mins to get it to the boat the 1st time and we could see that i had it hooked in the mouth so i could be a bit more force full with it when she went on any more runs. After what seemed an eternity, think about an 40mins or so we manged to get her into the boat and get her all tagged and measured and pics taken. Twas the biggest fish and blue i have caught to date.
The swells and the wind at this stage were gettin the better of us and we decided to call it a day. We had an interesting spin in but Cianfisher and Paul were well able for it. Twas a pity there werent a few more sharks around but i think with the big swells it was hard to keep a good slick going.
Thanks to Paul for another great days fishing thats 2 in a row now!!! And to all who organised the competition and the sponsors, sorry didnt get to meet anyone but hopefully next time.You really cant beat this time of year when the blues are around, they really are great fun!!

Here are the lengths and tag number of her:

Overall: 84"
Fork:72"
Girth:30"

Tag number:34812

and some pics
[/url]Blue Sharks off Cork Shark210[/url]

Blue Sharks off Cork Shark111

Stu
Stu

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Blue Sharks off Cork Empty Re: Blue Sharks off Cork

Post by barry Sun 28 Aug - 11:30

nice one stuart good report andgood blue well done on winning the competition.with the rough weather id say your stomach was hanging out too Smile.
barry
barry

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Job/hobbies : keeping fish away from my baited hooks
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down